BORN FROM FIRE - THE QUILL IS BACK!
The classic line-up who created the albums Silver Haze, Voodoo Caravan and Hooray! It's A Deathtrip has reunited. Lead singer Magnus Ekwall (Ayreon) is back behind the mic together with the dynamic power of drummer Jolle Atlagic (Hanoi Rocks, Electric Boys, Firebird), guitarist Christian Carlsson and bassist Roger Nilsson (Spiritual Beggars, Firebird). This unique foursome has kept the 70́s feel intact and their new album “Born From Fire” contains 12 smashing tracks.
Magnus Ekwall about his return in THE QUILL and the lyrics on the new album - I got a phone call from Christan about a year ago and we decided to try and write some songs again. Actually there were no plans for a reunion at that moment but things went very smooth and we kind of got back the old "Silver Haze" feeling and here we are.
- The new record is back to the roots, no frills, just full throttle real QUILL rock! The lyrics are based on my life and things in life like, birth, death, sorrow and happiness, and I think that everyone can relate to that.
- First time we got together in the rehearsal room and jammed at a couple of old songs it was like we never been apart, says Christian Carlsson. We just picked up from where we left off.
- Set Free Black Crow was the first tune we wrote and I think we managed to squeeze in everything about THE QUILL in that one, says JolleAtlagic.
- Getting together again was very inspiring and new material was flowing out of our brains, endlessly, says Roger Nilsson.
- After two months on the road with Monster Magnet and all big European
festivals on top of that we had achieved pretty much everything we aimed for. It was hard to reload and we slowly drifted apart as a band, it obviously took us 10 years to recover, says Christian.
Copyright @ All Rights Reserved